After advocating font licenses to be other than GPL, I had to review the license of the self maintained Samyak font. Thus the discussion is on at samyak-users list. If you think there is really something about GPL with 'font exception' and OFL then please join the list and start commenting. The other list (samyak-devel) is not functioning an I'm trying to get it up. Should be ok within couple of days. Till then the general purpose IRC channel #samyak on freenode.net would be a good place to find developers and do some quick chats.
It's been several months now that we have been brainstorming about the logo and caption. We all were thinking on lines of both creativity and value offerings. Gautam was continuously thinking on lines of how to communicate imagination and implementation parts simultaneously, the left and right of the brain. Many tag-lines popped up, but always there was something missing. Finally, me and joy took up these two words from Gautam and simply put a dot between them. It sounded so crisp! 'Imagination.Implementation'! Meanwhile, many of us were trying to come up with the design ideas. For me, playing with various shapes of 'K' and using whatever minuscule knowledge of calligraphy/typography I had, became my regular pass-time to keep myself awake in gaseous classrooms. In later stages, I got stuck on the idea of creating a character out of K that can personify the values we worked on so long. Finally emerged the k-man that is so carefree, cheerful, and aesthetic. Joy took t...
Comments
Post a Comment